Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thoughts

So I have been reading the book Saints at War by Robert C. Freeman & Dennis A. Wright. It is by far the most intriguing book that I have read in a very long time. I was talking to my Dad about it last night and how much I enjoy learning about wars: what happened during them, how they started and pretty much just everything about them. Yeah I know war is not a good thing, but I find it very intriguing to learn all about it. The more I can learn about it the better. In this book it talks mostly about World War II, but it talks about the first world war as well. I actually find it scary thinking about things like the draft, which it talks about and how one family lost four sons in the course of like a month. I distinctly remember reading about it and then immediately thought about how my younger brother Tanner had to fill out a paper if there ever were a draft. My mom was explaining it to me and how it probably would never happen, but just thinking that it could and the war that is going on in Iraq scares me to death. I don't know what would ever happen if there was a draft and Tanner was drafted. This has definitely made me think more about how important families are and how important it is to be close to them. Most importantly though I think of how grateful I am to have a family and be able to talk to them and be close to them. Okay, so enough of that, but just realized this and needed to write it somewhere. Love you all!!!

No comments: